Feel like jamming and meeting new friends? Bring your acoustic instrument, a smile and pick to your hearts content in the pickers tent. Hosted by the one and only Michael Glass.
Win A Chance To Perform
If you are a burgeoning singer/songwriter and want a chance to perform on stage at the festival, keep reading…
We have happily partnered with a few of the finest establishments that have active open mic nights to host songwriting contests. Each will be judged by a panel of esteemed area industry professionals who will be looking for YOUR original acoustic songs. One winner will be chosen from each venue to perform a 15 minute set of their original music to open the show on Saturday night of the Fest. This contest is a songwriting event, solos and duos only, no bands please. We welcome guitarists, pianists…whatever your instrument for original music is…as long as it’s portable and easy to set up / tear down on stage.
If this sounds like you please follow the dates and direction below.
NORTH BRANCH: Send an email for dates and details.
SMITHFIELD: Two scheduled. See event details here.
August 28 – Cozzy’s Comedy Club, Newport News, VA
September 7 – Victorian Station, Hampton, VA
Songwriter Contest Rules and Guidelines
- Open to any singer/songwriter.
- Entrants must perform their original music.
- Entrants must be willing and able to perform up to 15 minutes of original music on stage Saturday night of the Fest between 7:30 – 8 pm.
- One winner will be chosen from each venue – we need the winner’s name, email and phone number before September 15, 2017 to schedule them. Please submit by email email@example.com or phone Amy at 757-635-0240.
- Winner receives a slot to perform at the festival and 2 Weekend Passes to all the festival events concerts Friday and Saturday nights.
- No bands – solos and duos only.
- Winners will be selected by the venues who will consider creativity, songwriting ability, crowd response and performance quality.
- Questions?? Please reach out to:
Thank you. Good luck! We look forward to your participation.